Tuesday 23 July 2013

Summer Gardens...



My carrot, kiwano, caper and peach tomato seeds arrived today and I am already bursting with enthusiasm at the thought of summer gardens. I am going to put my big table in the shed by the window so I have something sturdy to pot up on and I can also use it to begin all the summer seedlings so they get a good head start. The only problem is that my existing vegetable garden is going to be far too small for all my planned summer goodies which means I have to get digging and make another one. I know in the last entry I said I had started some crazy paving, but then a wave of brilliance came over me as I pondered the possibility of another garden. Maybe I should use the concrete as the edging for another garden? I could still use the builders mix for the paths, it’s simply a matter of deciding where I want to put the garden...do I want to join it up to the original one or start a new one in another part of the yard? At least I have a bit of time to think about it and in the meantime I can find the perfect spot for my concrete tub that we went and picked up yesterday. Thank goodness for a strapping brother to lend a hand, it’s going to be a great addition to my potted garden and I can’t wait to plant the asparagus in it.