Sunday 4 November 2012

Small Beginnings...



For months now I have been like a squirrel, foraging for seeds and stashing them away, gathering as many different varieties as I can, even weird and strange ones. My aim is to have a small but productive garden but also to be able to save seed from the produce I grow, to re-grow and be able to pass seed and plants onto others as well. I am recycling and making use of the things I have around me.... you really start thinking outside the square when your resources are limited but you definitely appreciate things more.

I guess I had become quite jaded with the world, the way people treated each other, the waste and greed, the lack of skills and knowledge of being able to grow and preserve food and understand where it comes from. We have become such a throwaway society and it’s very sad. So I have decided to do something about it, well, my little contribution to making the world around me a bit nicer place to live in. This blog is for me to document my journey, success and failures and general random postings about my thoughts, garden and life. My name is Missy and this is my story...