Friday 25 October 2013

A Chooks Life...



The girls have now made themselves completely at home. Even little Alfie has started taking food from my hands which shows her growing confidence. Lola is a complete food whore and would follow me anywhere if she thought there might be a snack in it. She jumps up onto the fence right next to me to make sure she is first in at snack time. I have to keep the back door shut now because Doris and TukTuk will come in and demolish the cat nibbles.

Where ever I go outside Lola and Petunia follow, especially if I am in the garden... because that means worms! I am getting 2-4 eggs a day now but have to keep an eye on Alfies as I couldn’t find any of hers for a week, she had made herself a little nest along the fence line under some long grass. Every morning they hang around outside for a snack, their favourites being bread, apple and kiwifruit...then off they go to bathe themselves in sand and sun.