Wednesday 11 September 2013

The Rain Has Arrived At Last...



And apparently we will get a few days of it and strong winds so I am quite chuffed that I have been getting a ton of jobs done and can hibernate if need be. I have done heaps of weeding in the deck garden and it is nearly clear. Once I have finished I am going to plant my Flowering Passionfruit in there to climb up the trellised concrete wall, perfect spot for lots of sun and easy to pick the fruit from the deck.

I grabbed a kitchen knife and chopped back all the lawn edges yesterday which had over grown the brick edging and were looking rather untidy. Still have more to do (joys of a huge yard) but by summer it should be looking fantastic and a great place to have some BBQs and pit fire and have a get together with friends and family. Everything is looking great!


Today Rob came down and loaned me some extra muscle so I could clear out work room stuff in the shed and move it to the workroom, then it freed me to put all my ever increasing seeding pots up in the now garden shed on my big table, shelter, light and warmth. This table was brought years ago, was first my lead lighting table, then multi craft table, then sewing table with fabric roll  storage underneath and now a growing and potting table. Best fifty dollars I spent and have definitely got my money’s worth from it. I have covered it in a place sheet and put two large bamboo stakes running along it for the trays to sit on...that way I have air circulation all around the pots.

It is wonderful to have the work room almost set up, will give me a good chance to sort out what I need and don’t. There is much more space in there also which is always a good thing for when the creative urges spew forth. And I will be able to find everything again as I have a very special mission to do very soon.

My Corn, Goji Berry, Bean, Pea, Carrot seeds arrived so those will be planted tomorrow. I just heard of a group of people trading garden produce and other items for things they need so I am thinking that might be a good way of making sure any extra I have won’t get wasted. I already have other Peas and Beans and some of the Tomatoes coming up in the first trays I potted up.

No photos tonight sorry, will try and get some without being drowned in the morning to add to the One hundredth post of Earth Love Live...Yay! Sweet dreams and Mung Beans everyone xx