Wednesday 25 September 2013

Oh, How Wonderful Darling...



My latest project (well, one of them) was a trial run of a Tutu for my nieces. This one I made with fabric I already had so I could make sure I got the effect I wanted before wasting resources... which is why it is bright red. I am going to add some embellishments so it tones down the wow factor but I am very pleased with the result. It is full and phoofy (is that even a word?) and so pretty. The next ones will be different colours and I am going to use a few colours swirled up in each one which I think will look lovely but I need to find a good supply of tulle first. 

 I don’t know how I find the random things I do when I am youtubing but the other night I watched a tutorial on how to make fascinators. I couldn’t help wondering just how pretty some of the girls metallic green and purple feathers would look curled into fascinating fascinator fancies. Doris’s black and white feathers would look like zebra stripes. I’m not sure that Castlecliff is ready for me to swan around in a fancy fascinator but I may make one all the same, just because I can.