Saturday 1 June 2013

Getting My Groove On...



 

Nothing like loading up the CD player, turning up the volume and getting on a mission. Dire Straits, Pointer Sisters, Melissa Etheridge, Blondie, Mamas and the Papas, Don Henley, Aussie Crawl, Sheryl Crowe, Air Supply...so fabulously motivating! Not sure what the neighbours would be thinking with me singing and whistling like a little songbird whilst hammering away.









The driftwood perch is now dug in and sitting nice and secure, ready to be umm...perched on. With a little kiwi ingenuity the gate is attached to the post. The white plastic bin is a food grade container I brought for the chook pellets, completely water and rodent proof. With some scraps of wood I made a small feed trough that I watched on you tube, very easy to make and a good way to recycle leftover bits. The great thing about the design is that they can't tip it over and it took all of 15 minutes to make.