Saturday 12 January 2013

Net Worth...



As my tomatoes ripen the risk is becoming greater of them being eaten by feathered opportunists. Only the other day I went out to find the big juicy tomato that I had purposely left for just a little bit longer had been snaffled by some cheeky birds. All that was left was a bit of tomato skin hanging from its stalk...a reminder of fruit gone by. It’s a bit disappointing when you wait patiently and someone gets there before you do so I brought a small piece of bird netting to position over said tomatoes in the hope that will deter them. I only brought a metre because the lady said it would stretch up to four metres but what I didn’t realise was that when you stretch it width ways, it shortens slightly lengthways so next time I will get a two metre piece though this piece doubled over works well. This is the first lot of tomatoes I have planted here so by the next tomato season I will be fully prepared for any sneaky snafflers!