Saturday 19 January 2013

"Mowie"...



The last few days have been blissfully cool and while the garden doesn’t seem to be very happy about it, I must admit to enjoying it immensely! Even with a few days of rain and cooler temperatures the lawn has been very dry so I have been leaving mowing it in the hope it may help keep some moisture in it. Today I couldn’t take it anymore (I loathe a long lawn) and pulled “Mowie” out for his maiden voyage around the lawn, after a few pulls and a warm up I used a petrol mower for the first time in years  with pleasing results as well as a nice addition to the compost bin. 

Still waiting for more zucchinis to grow but the tomatoes are starting to provide a couple daily, they are laden with some big bunches so I don’t mind them spacing the ripening out. I would however like to throttle the clever dick that found his way under the bird netting and ate a large, just ripened bloody butcher!