Tuesday 8 January 2013

At Long Last...






Finally my zucchini’s are growing! It seems like I planted them forever ago and I keep reading about people who have had many from their plants but I have yet to have even one. I am still working on my planting calendar so all trial and error at the moment, definitely looking forward to char grilling some for dinner though. I noticed today my cucumbers (also late bloomers) have teeny little fruit on them, the melons have started to spread out and the luffa is going to need to be repotted soon with some bamboo to climb.




 


The queensland blue has gone from flower to fruit now, it seems to have grown so quickly and I am really looking forward to roasted, curried pumpkin soup. I have to wonder how many extra nutrients it is getting growing next to the compost heap.