Monday 4 August 2014

The Vintage Quilt...


 
My sniffle has turned for the worse and for the last two days I have been a snotty, wheezing lump. I would love to say that I have planted the rest of the Garlic or stripped the rest of the Rimu table but I haven’t, just reaching for a tissue is tiring. 

It has been a busy day and after making a cuppa and filling my hotty bottle I climbed into a fresh bed with my new vintage quilt which is making quite a cheerful addition to my room...and I thought I would share.



Not only is this lime green gem colourful and bright, it is warm and comforting. It seems to be a cotton/linen type fabric and given its age, it is in fabulous condition. I remember my Nana having quilts like these in the camphor chest, more than many moons ago! And how did this darling quilt end up adorning my bed? I found it in an opshop for two dollars.