Sunday 3 August 2014

Aww, Aunty...Not Another One!




This was the greeting I got when I picked up my nieces from school last week. In the back of my nana wagon sat an old table, painted sunshine yellow and that had seen better days.

I had found it on my travels, its price tag $3. After having a quick look I found that underneath that “averagely pleasant” sunshine yellow paint was a lovely Rimu table, just waiting to be discovered. It HAD to come home with me, there was no question about it. I turned and looked at Liv who was smiling cheekily and explained that this was no ordinary table, this was treasure! Here is the table as I got it.









While I wrestled to get it up the side of the house the legs got tangled on some weeds and off they came, leaving me standing on the path with nothing but the table top. I was both legless and speechless! 

Luckily, the legs weren’t damaged during their tumble and I was also saved the task of having to remove the top for stripping. Yesterday I got most of the paint stripped off the legs and skirt and here you can see how lovely the wood is underneath.