Thursday 28 August 2014

The Orange Oil And Vinegar Experiment...

I read recently a recipe for a household spray and wipe cleaner, only two ingredients, so I decided to give it a whirl and see if it really works. On the 13th of August I rifled through my nieces leftovers from her visit and emerged with an orange worth of peels. I removed the pith and placed them (artfully of course) in the jar. Then I covered them with white vinegar and sealed the jar. About a week ago I opened the jar, very little vinegar smell, light change in colour.




Today 29th Aug, this is the concentrate. It will be interesting to see how well this works.The colour is nice and the vinegar smell has mostly gone. I just used one orange worth of peel and vinegar to cover it. Put in a glass jar with a good fitting top. Leave sit for two weeks and then dilute with water they say...wish me luck!