Wednesday 20 August 2014

The Garden Post...

Growing a little bit more every day...flowering passionfruit. I am hoping it will grow all over this bamboo fence and provide a bit of shelter for the garden. I still have one more plant about the same size which I have to find a home for as well.




The borage seems to like its new spot and apart from the odd nibble, is looking very healthy. They will make a lovely border later on and I'm sure the bees will appreciate them too!




More spears of asparagus coming up. Even the ones I have missed which have grown quite long are sweet and tender...and are still getting devoured before getting past the garden gate. I have always been passionate about asparagus but when you grow it from seed and then wait patiently for a couple of years before harvesting, its just that much better!




The first calendula bloom...just love that vibrant orange glow. A great companion plant and there is always something so cheery about them.




I got an early birthday present from my Mum and Dad, the book 'Choosing & Raising Chickens'. My first chicken book...yay. Even my nieces wanted to have a look at it. Though, when you are 6 and 9 yrs old,  names like "Transylvanian Naked Neck" and "Scots Dumpy" are hilariously funny...Hell, I'm 43 and I think they are funny! Humour aside, it is a great book and will be well read.