Tuesday 4 December 2012

Happy Snapper...



Have awoken this morning to a cold and blustery day, even the cat didn’t want to venture outside until he was given some loving persuasion (a gentle shove in the direction of the door), has winter returned already? I hope my freshly planted melons and luffa don’t pack a sad considering they only left home for the garden a few nights ago.


A couple of days ago I brought some potting mix, compost and sheep poo pellets, it wasn’t the most pleasant drive home for me but the dog didn’t seem to mind one little bit. I noticed this morning after the bit of rain we had that the pellets I sprinkled around in the garden have swollen up and started to disintegrate. They did say to water them in or mix in with the potting media but it was so hot outside when I sprinkled them around that watering the garden was out of the question. I am thinking that the rain will be a much better way of controlling the release of nutrients anyway.
Having never used these before, I am really interested in any difference they make. Another lady in the store swore by them and said they were fabulous so I had to give them a try...I mean, how could you possibly go wrong with good old fashioned poo?


Last night I decided to try the third lot of passionfruit, flowering banana passionfruit and tamarillo seeds. I have put them in a dish to soak for a couple of days as recommended by my seed supplier.Up until now it has been a complete failure but I am hoping this lot might just surprise me. Every day I take a wander around the gardens (doesn't take long with mine) and look for any changes or new growth. Its just so exciting seeing  the differences from day to day.



Thankfully I was able to find another camera which will enable me to snap away to my little heart’s content. It means I am able to share on this page anything which I think is kinda cool and it is a great way of keeping a visual record. Yesterday I took a close up of one of the borage plants that I just love. It shows such great detail of this fabulous little herb that I just had to share!