Sunday 10 November 2013

Our Weekend Visitor...



This weekend we had a visit from one of our favourite people...Andy. It was a great weekend full of fun, a couple of bottles of tasty wine, simple fare and tales of his travels across the globe. Friday night we relaxed in the garden with a few glasses of wine while I planted some seedlings and then we pondered (and oohed and ahhhed) over his collection of photos from his recent adventures. Whilst in the garden I mentioned that I needed to go and collect more bamboo to start putting around the new garden so I could keep Sugar and the chooks from demolishing my handy work. The first thing Andy said was “So is that’s tomorrow’s mission?” That is what I love about you Andy...your sense of adventure and always up for a mission...you are now officially my bamboo buddy!




Friday night the phone rang and a little voice asked “Aunty, can we come and stay with you for the day tomorrow?” So Saturday morning the four of us piled in my car, loppers, garden twine and secateurs in hand and toddled off to the bamboo forest. Sadly I forgot to take my camera but we did find our way and got enough sticks to do a good quarter fence panel. I will go and get some more tomorrow hopefully and then I will start wiring them together. Here is the first section ready to be wired together.