Wednesday 14 August 2013

Beach Graffiti...



 
My two nieces came to stay the weekend just gone and seeing as the weather was so nice we decided to take a stroll down to the beach. As we walked down the track to the beach we checked on Daddy’s plants to make sure they were doing alright (My brother grows and replants natives to help restore the beach reserve so whenever any of us go walking we always have a look to make sure they are growing happily) then over the dunes to check on Liv’s beach wood hut before we scrambled up the beach to find treasures. 


 







After we collected more driftwood for Liv to finish her architectural masterpiece, Ava and I toddled off to find stones and shells and anything else that caught our eye. I had taken my small backpack so any nice stones I found could be stashed away and brought home to scatter on the new path when I finished it. 



 




Whether you are young or old no one can resist grabbing a stick and having a squiggle in the sand, it is just a huge blank canvas waiting to be painted on. The best part of beach graffiti is that while it may entertain anyone passing by, it is short lived and soon returned to the blank canvas it was before.





Above: Ava's picture of me...

Left:  Olivia's sand cat...

Below: My funny face...