Tuesday 7 October 2014

There She Blows...

The last few days brought winds up to 155km across our little country with disastrous results in many places. People lost lives, homes, vehicles, personal effects...many places without power for hours and days, the clean up will be quite a mission. I was fortunate in that the only damage I had was waking up to the rubbish bin blowing over and spreading the contents across the lawn and bags of recycling taking a tour around the yard...I feel rather lucky considering what some people have lost, I sincerely hope life gets back to normal for them soon.

One thing I have noticed from my garden groups is the amount of lost seedlings due to cheap mini greenhouses getting blown away or toppling over in low winds...if you are considering buying one of these, please anchor it down, stabilise to lessen the chances of hours of green fingering being wasted. I had moved all my seedlings to the back veranda for protection and didn’t lose any thankfully.