Sunday 29 June 2014

Spewing Forth A Fit Of Stitches...



In the last few weeks I have been beading again and have made some really funky bracelets, earrings and necklaces. I already had a good selection of beads but it gave me a good excuse to get a few more and I found some good suppliers as well. 

I try to stick to glass and crystal beads/chips when making jewellery but they can make an item quite heavy so I am mindful of that in my designs. One thing I did need to invest in was a pair of round nose pliers...they have made things SO much easier. 




These are the Memory bracelets I made...the pic does not do these justice at all but its the only group photo I have at the moment so I thought it would show the general idea. They really are such a pretty bracelet and can fit anyone because they wrap around your wrist. 

Though it might cost more if you use quality beads and findings, the results are so much nicer...definitely worth the extra. I love the colours in these and while I did use a few foil beads, most are clear glass which gleams beautifully in the light.



The tags arrived for my clothing last week and they look fantastic, I was really pleased with how they turned out and I think they will do the job perfectly. I still have some pieces to unpack and hang up but I am halfway there. 

Once my broken wing is feeling a bit better I need to get back onto the machine and get some new things made up, my brain is near ready to explode with ideas and the only cure is to spew forth a fit of stitches.