Friday 6 June 2014

Mr’s First Vet Visit...



Somehow my big lump hurt himself the other night, I’m not sure how he did it but he spilt the corner of his mouth quite badly. Over Sunday and Monday he seemed fine, still eating, preening and purring but this morning after sleeping lots and having no interest in the breakfast he normally inhales, I decided to whip him down to the vets for a check up.

We made our way over to the waiting area and I plopped his cage down on a chair so I could reassure him. I knew he couldn’t be too sick given his reserved yowls from beach side to river side in the car. A quick look from the vet, an even quicker jab of pain relief and antibiotics with an 8 day course to follow, I paid the bill and we toddled back home. I have to say, he was so well behaved...I had visions of some poor vet being shredded by my big baby. Tonight he has perked up a lot and has scoffed much of the fancy, cost-an-arm-and-a-leg-type yummies I brought earlier to tempt him. Now he is snuggled up in his igloo for the night.