Wednesday 18 February 2015

Gifts From Mother Nature...



Harvest from a few nights back, tomatoes, courgette and cape gooseberries for dessert.



Here we have a bag drying of completely organic, 100% NZ grown catnip "the good stuff" as I affectionately refer to it. I am getting back into making nip pillows again and this is the third good trim so I am hoping I will have enough to make plenty.



Just picked cape gooseberries, banana peppers and green and black bell peppers.



The Pennyroyal seedlings given to me a few weeks ago and settling in well in the hanging basket near the back door.


Low acid Amish paste tomatoes, peppers, baby onions, baby new Urenika potatoes, banana peppers and courgette chunks ready to go into the oven...yum!



The strawberries seem to like their new wooden planter and seem to have had a little growth spurt in the last week, the white pineapple strawberry seed is still not growing yet though.



Tonight's tomatoes needed a bigger bowl, these warmer days are getting them cranking and on my plate. Fresh eggs and tomatoes make such a tasty quick tea...



Went an spent the afternoon with my nana yesterday and she sent me home with some lovely looking lemons and some sweet tasting plums. Finally I got to use my treasured old flagons and made a nice sugar free, lemon cordial to put in the fridge for a refreshing thirst quencher.



I have the last of eight trays of dried plums in the dehydrator as I type, they make the most deliciously tangy-sweet snack with no other ingredients than fruit. Once the plums are finished i will put the tomatoes and chillies in  and then anything I can get my hands on!