Sunday 10 February 2013

Summer Garden And Other Stuff...


These are the latest photos of my summer garden and the goodies in it.We have had so much hot weather that I'm having to leave the work until early evening just so I don't wilt into a big puddle...that then means getting eaten alive by the thousands of mozzies who see me as fresh meat though.

This is the first cucumber of the season, I planted two types but the tags faded so I cant be absolutely sure what type it is but I'm sure my taste buds wont mind.


These are the queensland blues that have sprawled over the concrete at the back to the point where I have to tip toe with much delicacy to the compost heap (looking much like a small elephant playing elastics no doubt).

They look alot bigger in real life and I can proudly say there is as many as eight and a few more small ones. I have been wondering if maybe I need to trim them back as they are reminding me of the movie, Little Shop Of Horrors.




Here is that healthy pile of bamboo I nearly shred myself to bits for. I got some very good sized lengths which will be really useful...I only wished I had them earlier for the sunflowers, one of which is nearly touching the gutters.As you can see here, the pumpkins are starting to take a hold of them, rest assured I have gathered them up and stored into a lengthy recycled fabric bag.

At least now I have a good supply for stakes, teepees and making trellis. The best thing is that they aren't the spindly little things you find in the shops...these have some grrrr to them so will be nice and strong for the bigger jobs.


  




And finally, here are the two foster rugrats (Tony and Tiddles), sleeping on my bed with Mr. So far they have scalped two of my lovely indoor plants, my dried wheat that sits in an old cream can is looking rather frazzled after being attacked more than twiceand these mischief making night owls seem to love trying to break land speed records by tearing around in the lounge in the early hours of the morning. Just one big happy family!