Monday 4 February 2013

Break Out Your Brollies...



*Does a little dance*

Finally we have some rain and it is bucketing down! Admittedly I got soaked on more than one occasion today but it was so refreshing against the skin and the temperature has dropped a tad so it’s very welcome. I know the gardens and especially the lawn will love it, it has been so hot and dry here but hopefully it won’t be so much that the ground can’t cope with it.

There is nothing nicer than listening to the rain battering against the windows and roof and the sound of water cascading from neglected guttering. It’s so soothing, like a energising cleanse for the earth. I love nothing more than snuggling up in bed at night all warm and toasty, listening to a good downpour. Even better with a little thunder and lightning thrown in but I will take the rain alone, I’m not fussy. I stood in the doorway earlier admiring my magnificent sunflower, standing in the rain, its big leaves an umbrella for the garden crawlies. Ah, rain glorious rain...how I have missed you!