Tuesday 8 July 2014

It’s Curtains For These Blankets...



 
Over the weekend I had a quick sewing job bestowed upon me...to turn these old wool blankets into thermal curtains for my brother. We can’t take credit for the idea, which belongs to a creative chap who lives nearby, Nelson Lebo. 

He holds community workshops on diy home insulation ideas, has a wealth of knowledge on sustainable living and is the heart and soul of a beautiful community garden. Anyways, back to the curtains.




All I had to do was turn over the tops and stitch leaving enough space for wooden dowel to slide through so not a time consuming job, just a little difficult when my arm won’t handle much weight on it at the moment. 
Once they were done I zipped them up to my brothers where he immediately hung them up. Old wool blankets are brilliant for keeping the warmth in and the winter chills out, easy to come by and when hung behind your curtains you wouldn’t even know they are there. They also make terrific draught stoppers too...