Tuesday 21 January 2014

In A Pickle...



Finally I found my camera cord (after searching in every other imaginable place!) which had fallen down behind a chest of drawers where the lump likes to sit and groom himself.  So it was great to be able to upload all the photos I have been collecting in the last few weeks...all one hundred and twelve of them. Today was wet and windy here at the cliff but I decided to take myself for a good long stroll down the beach anyway. The sea was a foamy and the wind whipped through my hair while I walked along popping colourful pebbles into my pockets, this black sand beach deserted but for a few brave souls...the best time to go!


The latest job in the kitchen was making another lot of spiced vinegar for some pickled vegetables. I am only making smaller quantities at the moment so I can see what I like and what I don’t and changing recipes to suit my tastes. I only use a new recipe as a guide line if I am honest and usually it always ends up completely different but the one piece of advice I would give is to taste as you go...taste everything!


And here is my latest addition to the kitchen...In total about thirty large Agee jars which I traded for some fresh eggs. They had been stored in a shed so needed a good clean but after a scrub they came up looking like new and I am now thinking about what I am going to fill them with.